APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX Development Environment : (Category) Input Processes :
How do I create a dynamically sized scrolling input?
Some users have larger monitors and I would like to run Appx with more rows and columns to take advantage of the screen sizes. How can I create a scrolling input that will display more data on the larger monitors?
One way is to design the scrolling input with four frames. Each frame will use a different value for the starting row position or row size. Each frame will contain the same value for the column size.

The first frame will have a starting position of row 1, column 1 (or whatever you want as your upper left corner anchor). The size will be set to -1 for the rows and however wide you would like for the data you need to display. The -1 tells Appx to end the frame one line up from the bottom of the display area. Set the box attribute to Y. Do no create an image for this frame (do not go to the image editor). This will be a display only frame.

The second frame will be the heading frame. The starting position will be the same as the first frame. The size will be the number of rows needed for the headings. This will be a display only frame.

The third frame is the footing frame. The starting position will be a negative number set to the number of rows needed for you footing information. This negative number tells Appx to start the frame that many rows from the bottom of the display area. This will be a display only frame.

The fourth frame will be the scrolling area. The starting row will be one more than the starting row of the heading frame plus the row size of the heading frame. The row size of this frame will be a negative number, one less than the starting row of the footing frame. That indicates to Appx to end the frame size that many lines up from the bottom of the display area.

See the image below for an example of the frame specifications listed above.

(Appxscreen1.png)

[Append to This Answer]
2003-Nov-25 10:45am
Previous: (Answer) Can I use different image sizes in my scrolling input?
Next: (Answer) When using the PICTURE command I get Load Error!
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=167
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.