APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX Development Environment : (Category) Data Dictionary :
Can I invoke another process in a FLEP?
No, although you can have a COPY or a GOSUB. Furthermore, only the record buffer is shared between FLEP's and the controlling process. This is by design. When ASI designed this feature, we felt that the FLEP's should only be used for "generic" ILF code. That is, ILF code that should always be run unconditionally in conjunction with file I/O. For example, we felt like it would be inappropriate for a FLEP to execute ILF code conditionally depending on the name of the controlling process. Code that is specific to a particular process should be in an event point of the actual process, not in a FLEP.

However, with experience comes wisdom. We now agree that there are situations where it is desirable and even necessary to share some additional information between the controlling process and the FLEP's. We will be reviewing the functionality of this feature in the near future.

[Append to This Answer]
2004-Feb-13 8:38am
Previous: (Answer) I changed the alignment of the field from left to right but the sorting remains the same, why?
Next: (Answer) FLEP’s may not execute when the cache priority it set to 1.
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=356
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.