APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX System Administration :
How do I verify all files in a database?
The "appxutil -v" command verifies one file at a time. To verify an entire database, you could individually enter the commands at the DOS command prompt, but it is more efficient to create a batch file which does it. Use your favorite text editor to create a text file (NOT a .doc file!) which looks like:

c: cd \APPX\DATA\DDD\AAA\DATA appxutil -v=CUST.dat appxutil -v=CUST2.dat appxutil -v=DEPT.dat ...(include a line for each data file)

It's necessary to add a line to the script for each data file. You may want to do a "dir > temp", then bring that up in an editor window, and cut and paste filenames into the verify script. Save this file as "verfyAAA.bat", in the directory containing appxutil. It is a good idea to create a batch file to verify each of your databases, in advance, so that when you want to verify all files in a database, you can just run the applicable script without having to spend time creating it. Analyzing data files with APPXUTIL Analyzing a data file will interactively provide more information about the file's internal structure. In general, this isn't important unless the file has failed verification.

[Append to This Answer]
2004-Feb-27 4:12pm
Previous: (Answer) Can I get a log of file activity using APPXIO?
Next: (Answer) How do I verify the file 'ORDER' in application 'AAA', database 'DDD'?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=384
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.