APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX System Administration :
How can APPX data file indexes become corrupt?
The 'APPXIO' file system has proven itself to be very stable over the years. However, no database system is immune to the effects of system or application crashes, in which unpredictable things happen to database files. For example, APPX might be in the middle of adding a record, and has completed updating 2 of 3 keys, at the time of a crash. This leaves the index for that file in an inconsistent state. The data itself is correct and intact, but the key file must be rebuilt in order for the indexes to be correct. Typically, a system administrator is not going to know in detail what was happening on the system, when a power failure or equipment problem occurred, and will not know whether any APPX data files on the system became corrupted as a result. Verifying the data file would tell you whether or not it is necessary to run "Rebuild keys" for that file.
[Append to This Answer]
2004-Feb-27 4:15pm
Previous: (Answer) How do I verify the file 'ORDER' in application 'AAA', database 'DDD'?
Next: (Answer) When might I want to use APPXUTIL to check my file system?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=386
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.