APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX Installation & Configuration :
When installing APPX clients using WinAppxD, what do I need to know about the server?
The server's IP address. This is obtainable from your network technician or from the "ipconfig" command. You can run

C:> ipconfig /all

from a DOS command prompt on the server. If it lists more than one network interface and IP address, ask the network tech.

The port the APPX Presentation Server (WinAppxD) has been set to listen on. If you installed APPX Presentation Server, you should know what this is. It is the number you typed after "-s=" when editing the registry entry for WinAppxD. Unless you opted for a different port number because you're running multiple versions of APPX, or because some software at your site was already using the APPX- recommended value, it is probably 8060. Check the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinAppxD

(or WinAppxD2, or WinAppxD3, etc. if you are running multiple versions of APPX) for the number following "-s=" in the "Application" entry.

[Append to This Answer]
2004-Feb-27 4:52pm
Previous: (Answer) What environment variables must be set on the server?
Next: (Answer) Can I keep the APPX client .exe file on a server and launch it from across the network on my clients?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=406
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.