APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX System Administration :
How can I move APPX data stored in an FMS group to SQLServer?
My Appx data is stored in a different directory path than my Appx engine using an FMS group. I want to move the data to SQLServer. I exported the Appx data, added an FMS group call SLQServer with a type 6, and assigned the FMS group to the files I wanted to move. When I selected Import on the files Appx could not find the files. What can I do?
When an Appx file using an FMS group with a type of 1 is exported the Portdata file is created in the same location as the Data and Struct files, in the path of the FMS group.
When the FMS group is changed for the SQLServer path Appx no longer recognizes that the file was stored in a different path. The import process will look for the Portdata file in databas under $APPXPATH. There are two options to overcome this problem.
First, you could simply move the Portdata file from the location it was created in to $APPXPATH under the database and application id for your data. Of course, if disk space is tight this may not work.
The second option is to add another tyep 1 FMS group with the same name as the type 6 FMS set up for SQLServer, but with the path defined the same as the original type 1 FMS group. When Appx executes the import utility it will see the type 1 group with the same name and follow that path to find the Portdata directory.
This procedure applied to all FMS types and databases.
[Append to This Answer]
2004-Oct-12 9:48am
Previous: (Answer) How do I print a query log?
Next: (Answer) Is the proxy database id "LOK:" still required when using SQLServer?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=537
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.