APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX System Administration :
Accessing 2 different schema's defined for 1 instance of Oracle
I have 2 database IDS: XXX and YYY and I have 2 different schemas defined in Oracle called SCHEMA1 and SCHEMA2. I want XXX to access SCHEMA1 and YYY to access SCHEMA2. It is necessary for me to have 2 different schemas because we use triggers extensively and they all reference tables that begin with XXX. Therefore, I need to have the exact same names for the tables under both database IDs.
I have 2 FMS groups defined: oracle1 and oracle2. The server name is oracle for both. The table naming scheme for oracle1 is $db_$appl_$file. For oracle2 it's XXX_$appl_$file (which would make the table names identical for the 2 different schemas).
From Appx's main menu, i choose "Run Application" and put XXX for my database name. Everything runs jsut fine.
Then I back up to the Appx main menu and choose Run An Application again. This time I use YYY for the database ID. But when I go into different applications, I actually see the records from XXX.

I'm only running 1 instance of Oracle but each database ID should be accessing different schemas. It looks like once you access a particular schema, it stays within that schema rather than changing whenever you enter a new database ID.
The solution to the problem would be is to add schema name to the each of the FMS groups that you have defined (i.e. schema1.$db_$appl_$file for one and schema2.XXX_$appl_file for the other). By doing so, you will be telling the system which schema name to use when you switch between the databases.

[Append to This Answer]
2005-Sep-20 2:12pm
Previous: (Answer) I have an existent RDBMS table and i want to use Field Override feature in the FMS group settings, can i do that?
Next: (Answer) What is the default field mapping for RDBMS?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=596
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.