APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX System Administration :
Why is my sqlcmd log is truncated? In prior versions, I've seen logs with create table lines in excess of 3000 char?
In 4.2.something-recent, APPX changed the logging package used by the APPX_SQL_CMD log. In older releases, Appx just used a straight fprintf() to write all log information to a flat ascii file. IN 4.2.something-recent, APPX switched the APPX_SQL_CMD log over to the new logging package that most of the engine uses.
The new logging package lets you send a log to:
        1) the windows event log
        2) a pipe
        3) a gzipped flat ascii file
        4) an AppxIO data file
        5) stdout
        6) a flat ascii file
The logging mechanism is determined by the name of the log file.
1) If the log file name ($APPX_SQL_CMD) is EVENT or EVENTLOG, we write it to the windows event log.
2) If the log file name begins with a '|', we consider it a pipe.
3) If the log file name ends with .z, .gz, or .zip, we consider it a gzipped file
4) If the log file name ends with .dat, we consider it an AppxIO data file
5) If the log file name is '-', we write the log to stdout
6) Otherwise, the file is a flat ascii file (if the log file name ends with '+', it's a flat ascii file, but we append to the end of the file instead of creating a new one)
We trim each line to 1024 characters for gzipped files, the windows event log, and AppxIO data files. We don't trim flat ascii files or pipes so you should get long lines unless your log file name matches one of the other categories.
If Appx is really trimming flat ascii logs (or pipes), that's a bug and I'll track it down.
The customer can also see the commands generated by Appx by looking in the Oracle client/server log (maybe even in the Oracle error log if he just wants to see the errors) or the Oracle Alert Log.
[Append to This Answer]
2005-Dec-06 10:04am
Previous: (Answer) TCP Keep-alive registry entries
Next: (Answer) Oracle Instant Client and Appx
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=611
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.