APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX Installation & Configuration :
When i try to login to Appx from my HP Notebook, i get an error "Negotitating GUI Interface" and it hangs
We have had customers running the client on HP notebooks hit a problem with a certain network adapter chipset that has a known bug. Seems a certain sequence of bits causes that network card to fall over and fail.
You can try: turning off firewall on that laptop turning off anti-virus turning off anti-spyware
If it doesn't work, download the latest Appx Client. When you get Appx Client login, go under Options and click on Advanced options. Under Startup Group, very first field called netcardLockupFix that is set by default to false, set it to True and try login again. This option was introduced to overcome that specific problem.
A note from a customer:
The notebook in question uses a National Semiconductor DP83815 chipset. Apparently, when Windows XP installs, it defaults to using a Netgear FA312 (fa312nd5.sys) driver to power this chipset. Downloading and forcing XP to switch to the actual driver (dp83815.sys) made and distributed on National Semiconductor's website appears to solve the issue and lets AppX login.
[Append to This Answer]
2006-Feb-16 11:08am
Previous: (Answer) How to set APPX_PIVOT_YEAR?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=623
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.