APPX is the Premier Development and Runtime Environment for Business Application Software
(Answer) (Category) FAQ's - APPX Software, Inc. : (Category) APPX Utility : (Category) APPX System Administration :
How do I stop WinAppxD?
WinAppxD automatically stops when the system is shut down or on its way to a reboot. If you want to manually stop WinAppxD before that point, you MAY be able to stop it through the NT "Services" Control Panel applet, by selecting WinAppxD, and clicking "Stop". Wait a moment or two, then bring up the task list and verify that it is no longer listed.

If after several minutes, you still see WinAppxD in the task list, you can try a more "drastic" measure and try to "End Process" the WinAppxD.exe entry in the task list. It's several minutes after that, and it's still there? The most drastic way of stopping WinAppxD, if you have the NT Resource Kit installed, is to use the kill.exe command provided by the Resource Kit. (Hint: You probably have this installed, since some utilities from it are required to install and run WinAppxD. Do a Find for "kill.exe" if you can't locate it.) (You must be logged in as Administrator to do this.)

[Append to This Answer]
2004-Jan-09 10:31am
Previous: (Answer) Is it safe to stop WinAppxD, if I'm going to need to restart it again without rebooting my server?
Next: (Answer) How do I start WinAppxD?
This document is: http://board.appx.com/cgi-bin/fom.cgi?file=311
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.719.
Copyright 2003 by APPX Software, Inc. All rights reserved.